The Unbearable Lightness Of Loving Bobby

I know, I know... Bookworms will hate me but then again here are some memorable quotes from the books I keep reading over and over again; after my finishing touch. Well at least I can say this: No authors were harmed during this attempt:) Here we go:

Oscar Wilde - De Profundis
'... Loving is one very long moment. We cannot divide it by seasons. We can only record its moods, and chronicle their return. With us time itself does not progress. It revolves. It seems to circle round one man and this man is Detective Robert Goren...'

Fyodor Dostoyevski - Notes From Underground
'... What are you giving up here? What are you enslaving? Why, you're enslaving your soul; something you don't really own, together with your body! You're giving your love to someone who doesn't really exist! Love! After all, that's all there is...'

Ayn Rand - Anthem
'... And now I see the face of god, and I raise this god over the earth, this god whom men have sought since men came into being, this god who will grant them joy and peace and pride. This god, this two words: Robert Goren...'

Hunter S. Thompson - Song of the Sausage Creature
'... That is the attitude of the Robert Goren freak, and I am one of them. On some days they are about the most fun you can have with your clothes on. I am a slave to it. On my tombstone they will carve, 'It never got enough for her'...'

Chuck Palahnuik - Choke
'... The unreal is more powerful than the real. Because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. Because it's only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. Stone crumbles. Wood rots. People, well, they die. But things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on. That's why I love Robert Goren that much and to love like this is to be happy forever..'

Dante Alighieri - The Divine Comedy (Paradiso)
'... Like a wheel in perfect balance turning, I felt my will and my desire impelled by the love of Robert Goren that moves the sun and the other stars...'

Toni Morrison - Song Of Solomon
'... Robert Goren is the third beer. Not the first one, which the throat receives with almost tearful gratitude; nor the second, that confirms and extends the pleasure of the first. But the third, the one you drink because it's there, because it can't hurt, and because what difference does it make? The reason I love Robert Goren unconditionally is the reason I like the third beer...'

Paul Coelho - The Alchemist
'... When you want something, all the world conspires in helping you to achieve it. That's why I don't give up loving Robert Goren and I'm still waiting for my dream come true...'

Joseph Conrad - Heart Of Darkness
'... It is impossible to convey the life-sensation of any given epoch of one's existence--that which makes its truth, its meaning--its subtle and penetrating essence. It is impossible. We live, as we dream-alone. I live, as I dream Robert Goren-alone...'

And the last passage is for a girl who's obsessed with a fiction man rather than a real one:) In btw apologies for the length.

Truman Capote - Breakfast At Tiffany's
'... You know what's wrong with you, Miss Whoever-You-Are? You're chicken. You're afraid to stick out your chin and say, 'Okay, life's a fact.' People DO fall in love. People do belong to each other. Because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness. You call yourself a free spirit, a wild thing, yet you're terrified that somebody's gonna put you in a cage. Well, baby, you're already in a cage and you built it yourself. And it's not bound on the east by Somali Land or on the west by Tulip, Texas. It's everywhere you go. Because no matter where you run, you're always going to end up running into yourself...'

A Tribute To Bobby